Mary Angela Cole
MSN, BSN, RN, CJCP, CIC
- Registered nurse for over 32 years
- Professional nursing experience in orthopedics, emergency care, cardiac catheterization, and infection prevention and control
Ms. Mary Cole’s experience acquired from numerous clinical settings provides the framework for her approach to utilizing standardization and evidenced based practices in the health care environment.
Ms. Cole has worked in Infection Prevention and Control for greater than 15 years, most recently as the Director of Infection Prevention and Control at a large academic trauma center in Atlanta, Georgia. During this time, Ms. Cole was instrumental in developing a Tier 1 Ebola Care Unit at Grady Health System. She has actively participated in numerous successful Joint Commission surveys.
Ms. Cole has experience in leadership, education, and performance improvement, which has led to significant decreases in infections. She has produced multiple publications and received awards related to infection prevention and control.
Ms. Cole has conducted hospital assessments and developed educational programs responsive to the needs of the community, geographic region and country.
- Director of Infection Prevention and Control
- TB Control Coordinator, Infectious Disease Program
Professional Affiliations or Certifications
- Association of Professionals in Infection Control
- Certified Joint Commission Professional (CJCP®)
- Certified in Infection Prevention and Control (CIC)
- Georgia Infection Prevention Network
- VHA GA Leadership Council, Chairperson (2012)
- Master of Science in Nursing, Grand Canyon University, Phoenix, AZ, USA
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Excelsior College, Albany, NY, USA
- Nursing Diploma, Georgia Baptist School of Nursing, Atlanta, GA, USA