DNP, MSN, RN, CPHRM, CPHQ, CPPS, FASHRM, NE-BC
- Active licensed RN with 40 years of experience; (licensed in FL & GA).
Primarily emergency, cardiac, open-heart bedside nursing skills, worked in trauma center, tertiary care centers, community hospitals, oversight for ambulatory care sites and opened free-standing new pediatric hospital.
- Nursing, Quality & Patient Safety Executive Leadership positions last 13 years.
Nurse manager/opened cardiac observation unit; with pre-cath, post-cath and observation patient population. Licensed Risk Manager since 1997, director roles in quality & patient safety, executive role as patient experience clinical consultant for HCAPHS scores.
- Highly skilled in Change Management tactics. Experience in development, implementation and reconsideration of Performance Improvement and regulatory processes and measures.
- Corporate Director/Quality and Regulatory Performance, Advent Health, corporate office, Altamonte Springs, FL, USA
- Executive Clinical Consultant, Avatar (now Press Ganey), Lake Mary, FL, USA
- Director of Quality, Risk Management & Patient Safety, Kaiser Permanente, GA Region, Buckhead, GA, USA
- Director of Risk Management, Nemours Children’s Hospital, Orlando, FL, USA
- VP of Quality & Patient Safety, Northside Hospital, St Petersburg, FL, USA
- Corporate Director Patient Safety, Orlando Health, Orlando, FL, USA
Professional Affiliations or Certifications
- American Society for Healthcare Risk Management (ASHRM), member and on Patient Safety Committee
- Fellow, American Society of Risk Management (FASHRM)
- Certified Professional in HealthCare Risk Management (CPHRM)
- Nurse Executive-Board Certified (NE-BC)
- Certified Professional Healthcare Quality (CPHQ)
- Certified Professional in Patient Safety (CPPS)
- Certified in PROSCI Change Management
- Patient Safety Executive Development Program, Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI)
- Master Trainer for TeamSTEPPS
- Former President (2020-21) & Board Member (2014-current) Florida Society of Healthcare Risk Management & Patient Safety (FSHRMPS)
- Florida Nurse Executives
- Florida Nurses Association
- Former member of Florida Hospital Association Quality & Patient Safety Committee (2018-2021)
- Associate of Science Nursing, Broward Community College, Ft. Lauderdale, FL, USA
- Bachelor of Nursing, Florida Southern University, Lakeland, FL, USA
- Master of Nursing, University of Phoenix, Orlando, FL, USA
- Doctorate in Nursing Practice, University of Central Florida, Orlando, FL, USA