- Registered Nurse for more than 35 years
- CMS Consultant with JCR since 2013
- Professional nursing experience in behavioral health, chemical dependency, oncology, labor and delivery, postpartum, newborn nursery, NICU, OR, and PACU
Ms. Pat Horn-Seuferer has been a registered nurse for more than 35 years, working in regulatory enforcement, nursing administration, nursing education, and a variety of inpatient settings.
Ms. Horn-Seuferer provides consultative services to hospitals and skilled nursing facilities related to the federal survey process and compliance with federal Medicare regulations. She also develops content for CMSAccess®.
Prior to joining Joint Commission Resources, Ms. Horn-Seuferer worked for the California Department of Public Health, serving as a State Surveyor where she conducted state and federal surveys in hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, acute psychiatric facilities, ambulatory surgery centers, intermediate care facilities for individuals with intellectual disabilities, congregate living health facilities, dialysis clinics, community and rural health clinics, Programs of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE), and pediatric day health centers. Later, as the Training Supervisor, she developed and implemented a program to provide training in the federal survey process to nurses, physicians, pharmacists, and dietitians. Later, she served as the District Administrator.
- Surveyor, Training Supervisor, District Manager, California Department of Public Health
- Registered Nurse, Charge Nurse, Manager, Sharp Healthcare, San Diego, CA, USA
- Registered Nurse, Charge Nurse, Naval Medical Center at San Diego, CA, USA
- Registered Nurse and Licensed Vocation Nurse, Various Nurse Registries, San Diego, CA, USA
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, University of Phoenix, Tempe, AZ, USA