MPH, RN, CJCP
Executive Director - Government Regulations and Advisory Services
- Michelle McDonald has more than 30 years of experience as a health care professional
- Extensive experience in areas of programmatic and operational functions in acute care, long term care, assisted living, home health, and public health settings
Ms. McDonald oversees the CMS practice area and government advisory services as well as provides guidance, education and technical assistance in the provision of CMS content, federal laws, regulations, guidelines, federal surveillance protocols and standards governing the operation of health care facilities.
Ms. McDonald served as the Joint Commission Resources Project Director for the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services Data Assessment and Verification (DAVe) contract as well as the Project Director for the Centers of Medicare and Medicaid Services Federal Monitoring and Oversight in Long Term Care.
The primary initiative of this contract was to assess the state survey performance of long term care facilities by conducting comparative look-behind surveys that provided accurate implementation of federal surveys pursuant to applicable federal rules and guidelines.
Ms. McDonald offers demonstrated experience as a nurse executive and in administrating federal contracts in long term care and community health settings. She brings operational expertise in the areas of facility management, data management and quality improvement initiatives. She has presented at national seminars, coordinated and developed national satellite presentations with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services on various aspects of the Federal Code of Regulations and Program Integrity and has provided guidance to representatives of state, federal and professional regulatory agencies on interpreting and complying with health care regulations.
- Vice President of Clinical Affairs/Executive Director, Arden Hill Senior Health System, New York, USA, responsible for overseeing all clinical services provided by the Arden Hill Senior Health System
- Administrator of record for a 120-bed skilled nursing unit, a 40-bed health care center and a 120-bed assisted living. Also responsible for the Adult Day Programs, Home Health Services, Child Care Center and community-based services
- Numerous operational and educational leadership positions at Arden Hill Hospital, Good Samaritan Home Care and the Orange County Department of Health, involved in the development and implementation of Care Management Programs in the acute, post-acute and community settings. Directed the Tuberculosis Control Program, Sexually Transmitted Disease and Immunization Clinics and led the community health education as the Community Health Educator
Professional Affiliations or Certifications
- American College of Healthcare Administrators
- Medicare SNF Technical Advisory Panel, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, Member Member Clinical reviewer for the MDS 3.0 RAI User Manual, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Mount Saint Mary College, Newburgh, New York, USA
- Master of Public Health, New York Medical College, Valhalla, New York, USA