- Over 30 years of experience in health care leadership, developing and implementing program development and performance improvement
- Specialist in patient satisfaction and patient safety
Ms. Connie Pullen has over 30 years of experience in health care leadership roles. Ms. Pullen concentrates on organizational regulatory readiness, performance improvement, patient satisfaction, patient safety, risk management, and medical staff services.
Previously, Ms. Pullen and her facility were recognized by the state of Oregon for its outstanding achievements in value-based purchasing and ranked in the top 10 percent of Joint Commission accredited hospitals for outstanding core measure compliance. Additionally, she was instrumental in the planning and implementation of a 10-bed Senior Behavioral Health Unit. Ms. Pullen also orchestrated the successful implementation of an electronic health record program, which became the model for five other medical centers.
Ms. Pullen has been an advisor, trainer, and consultant to Medical Executive Committee and Board of Trustees with a focus on matters related to medical staff policy, bylaws, rules and regulations and the core privileges process. She led many LEAN teams which have resulted in reductions of CAUTI, CLABSI and Emergency/Hospital Department through-put.
Ms. Pullen has extensive experience in Ambulatory accreditation programs and received one of the first Primary Care Medical Home designations in the State of Oregon.
Ms. Pullen was selected by Governor Kate Brown to be a member of the Nurse Staffing Advisory Council for the State of Oregon. Additionally, Ms. Pullen was recognized for her outstanding achievements as a Chief Nursing Officer, awarded for excellence in Quality Management, and was honored by the Oregon Hospital Association as the Healthcare Administrator of Year.
- Chief Nursing Officer and Chief Quality Officer, investor owned regional medical center
- Director of Quality Management Services, large not-for profit system based hospital
Professional Affiliations or Certifications
- Certified Joint Commission Professional (CJCP®)
- LEAN Certification, Purdue University
- Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt
- Master of Healthcare Administration, Walden University, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR, USA