- Over 30 years of clinical and administrative experience in the acute care, home infusion, and long-term care practice settings.Extensive experience with pharmacy practice in the State of California, including Title XXII and Board of Pharmacy regulations
- Extensive sterile compounding experience in the acute care, long term care, and home infusion and specialty pharmacy practice settings
- Pharmacy Consultant for an independent consulting firm providing operations, medication management and survey preparedness consulting services
- Registered pharmacist with active licenses in six states: California, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Colorado, New Mexico, and Montana
Ms. Susan Reed brings over thirty years of experience in diverse settings to Joint Commission Resources. Most recently, she was Director of Pharmacy for a hospital facility in southwestern New Mexico providing clinical and administrative oversight for the pharmacy operations.
In addition to director roles, Ms. Reed has provided consulting services throughout the United States. Her consulting expertise includes: clinical and operational assessments of pharmacy operations; outcome measurement and clinical benchmarking; staff development and education; staffing and productivity; and standards and survey process education and preparation.
- Director of Pharmacy in Acute Care, Home Infusion, Long-term Care
- Corporate Director of Pharmacy Operations
- Pharmacist Consultant
- Clinical Pharmacist in Acute Care and Home Infusion
- Clinical Pharmacist: Veterans Association (VA) Community Based Out-patient Clinic (CBOC), member of Home-Based Patient Care Services, and anticoagulation pharmacist.
Professional Affiliations or Certifications
- American Society of Health System Pharmacy
- Society for Hospital Medicine
- American College of Clinical Pharmacy
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- Hematology / Oncology Pharmacist Association
- American College of Healthcare Executives
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy, Massachusetts College of Pharmacy, Boston, MA
- USP education: USP<797>, USP<795>, USP<800>