Mary Lee Chapas
- More than 35 years of hospital management experience, including nine years as a Senior Nursing Executive
- Expert ability to consultant in academic environments, including teaching hospitals
Dr. Mary Lee Chapas is a qualified professional with over 30 years of health care experience and extensive clinical experience, combined with administrative oversight, and staff leadership resulting in high performing clinical and administrative services with exceptional quality and service standards. Clinical practice in an acute care university-affiliated hospitals includes experience in ambulatory settings, medical — surgical nursing, pediatrics, oncology, orthopedics, cardiac telemetry, emergency services, critical care (coronary care, and intensive care — medical, surgical, neurosurgical, and trauma), cardiac care, including open heart surgery, cath lab, hemodialysis, and peritoneal dialysis.
Recent past experiences include a concentration on organizational regulatory readiness, performance improvement, patient satisfaction, patient safety, risk management, and medical staff services.
Dr. Chapas is a collaborative, consultative leader of cross-functional teams with a passion to meet the needs of patients in a complex and dynamic healthcare environment. Experienced in developing and executing programs to increase productivity, profitability, and effectiveness with a focus on quality patient care, treatment, and services. Dr. Chapas is identified as a leader who has the ability to apply a solution-oriented approach and work to achieve optimal results.
Dr. Chapas excels in consultative engagements focused on staff training and development; strategic partnerships; mentoring and cultivation of management behaviors; regulatory compliance; policy development and integration; process reengineering; contract management; complex problem solving; strategic planning and execution; change management; and interpersonal communications.
- Vice President of Patient Care Services, Community Hospital
- Director of Nursing, Community Hospital
- Vice President of Operations and Chief Nursing Officer, Level I Trauma Center
- Division Director of Nursing, Level I Trauma Center
Professional Affiliations or Certifications
- Certified Joint Commission Professional (CJCP®)
- Guest Faculty, DNP program at the University of Pittsburgh
- Doctor of Nursing Practice, Carlow University, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
- Master of Public Management, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, St. Joseph University, Philadelphia, PA, USA
- Nursing Diploma, St. Francis School of Nursing, Peoria, IL, USA