Robert A. Carlock III
MS, MBA, CHE
- Over 20 years of experience in health care compliance, including health care leadership and administration
- Marine Corps veteran who oversaw logistics and compliance in combat theaters and during peacetime
Mr. Robert Carlock III is an Environment of Care Consultant with Joint Commission Resources. Mr. Carlock is a member of the Alabama Society for Healthcare Engineering under which he earned the credential of Certified Healthcare Engineer. He is an active member in the Gulf Coast Healthcare Engineers Association. Mr. Carlock serves as a representative on multiple Healthcare Emergency Response Coalitions and also acts as steering committee member.
In addition to consulting, Mr. Carlock is a Certified Yellow Belt. With this designation, he supports the Joint Commission’s activities associated with establishing a Robust Process Improvement® (RPI®) culture. Through coursework and practical application, he is trained in the foundational concepts and tools of problem solving and makes improvements to better meet customer expectations and organization objectives.
In the area of Emergency Preparedness and Response, Robert is a member of the first group to complete the Healthcare Emergency Preparedness Professional course which was developed by the University of South Alabama Center for Strategic Health Innovation and the USA Advanced Regional Response Training Center.
As a Marine Corps veteran, he oversaw numerous logistical and compliance related aspects for Marine units while serving in combat theaters and during peacetime in his early career. This included domestic assignments in the continental United States and deployments in the Middle East and Western Pacific.
Mr. Carlock currently serves as the Director of Environment of Care for a comprehensive healthcare system in the Southeast. Prior to this role, he has also served as the Assistant Administrator for a hospital system overseeing operations and numerous compliance related departments.
- Assistant Hospital Administrator
- Director of Environment of Care
- Hospital, Ambulatory and Behavioral Health
Professional Affiliations or Certifications
- Steering committee member, Southwest Healthcare Emergency Response Coalition
- Certified Healthcare Engineer (CHE)
- General Industry Safety and Health, Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- Gulf Coast Hospital Engineers Association, former President, Treasurer
- Health Care Emergency Preparedness Professional
- RPI® Certified Yellow Belt, The Joint Commission
- Master of Science in Behavioral Science, University of South Alabama, Mobile, AL, USA
- Master of Business Administration, Springhill College, Mobile, AL, USA