- Began working in Health Care Facilities Management and Engineering in 1994
- Served as Director of Facility Operations & Construction with oversight of Maintenance Operations and Construction & Design projects
Mr. Rick Elder provides health care engineering expertise for organizations needing assistance in compliance with Joint Commission Standards. Mr. Elder also has extensive experience with the International Building Code, NFPA codes, FGI Guidelines, and other regulations related to the design and construction of hospitals and health care facilities.
Before working in the health care industry, Mr. Elder spent over ten years in the commercial nuclear power industry as a design engineer, and for the US Navy working with submarine systems and equipment. He has extensive knowledge of life cycle maintenance programs, system design, and operations for critical systems.
- Director of Operations and Construction, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC, USA
- Facility Engineer, Moncrief Army Community Hospital, Ft. Jackson, SC, USA
- Construction & Design Project Management
- Facility Manager
Professional Affiliations or Certifications
- American Society of Healthcare Engineers
- Certified Healthcare Constructor (CHC)
- Certified Healthcare Facility Manager (CHFM)
- RPI® Certified Yellow Belt, The Joint Commission
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Clemson University, Clemson, SC, USA