- Registered Nurse in Georgia and Florida
Ms. Laurie Farmer is a nursing and healthcare management leadership professional with over 30 years of experience in a variety of settings across the healthcare continuum - including OR, Surgical Services, PACU, Pre-Op, Post-Op, intensive care, sedation services, oncology/hematology, transplant, Radiology/Interventional Radiology and ER. As a principal consultant, Ms. Farmer focused on options that increase quality and patient safety through performance improvement methodologies and expertise by linking standard deficiencies with potential systems vulnerabilities to identify opportunities for improving compliance.
As the Quality Manager of Surgical Services for Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta, Ms. Farmer was responsible for staff mentoring and education, compliance, quality/patient safety, accreditation, and regulatory affairs for three pediatric hospitals and two ambulatory surgery centers.
- Accreditation Manager/Quality and Patient Safety Manager Surgical Services, Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta, Atlanta, GA, US
- Director of Quality, Accreditation and Medical Staff, Acute Care Hospital, St Petersburg, FL, US
- Nurse Surveyor, The Joint Commission, Oakbrook Terrace, IL, US
- Principal Consultant, Tier1 Performance Healthcare/Compass Clinical Consulting, Covington, KY, US
Professional Affiliations or Certifications
- Green Belt, Lean Six Sigma Institute Industrial Engineers
- Master of Science Nursing, University of Phoenix, Maitland, FL, US
- Bachelor of Science Nursing, Capstone College of Nursing, University of Alabama Tuscaloosa, AL, US