MSN, BSN, RN
- More than 23 years of health care experience including long term care, intermediate care facilities (ICF) for intellectually disabled adults, home health, and psychiatric nursing
Ms. Melissa Hager is a CMS Consultant for Joint Commission Resources. She has been a nurse for more than 23 years, with a diverse health care background. As a Medical Facilities Inspector for the Virginia Department of Health, Ms. Hager conducted surveys of health care facilities, (e.g., hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, home health and hospice agencies, ICF/DD, dialysis, outpatient therapy, nursing homes, comprehensive outpatient rehabilitation facilities, long term acute care hospitals, rural health centers, critical access hospitals, and psychiatric hospitals) assessing for compliance with Medicare regulations and rules for state licensure.
Ms. Hager’s career has also included consulting services for medical facilities in several states, including acute care and psychiatric hospitals; patient rights and restraint education; EMTALA; psychiatric units; Emergency Services; and dialysis center reviews. She has provided services to help organizations improve operational goals, clinical outcomes, compliance, quality plan development and workflow studies for hospitals, long term acute care hospitals, psychiatric hospitals and units; and long-term care facilities.
- Medical Facilities Inspector, Virginia Department of Health
Professional Affiliations or Certifications
- American Nurses Association
- American Psychiatric Nurses Association
- Virginia Nurses Association
- Masters of Science in Nursing, Public Health Nurse Leadership, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA, USA
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA, USA