- Over 30 years’ experience as a Registered Nurse with 20 years’ experience in pediatric and neonatal care
- Experience in health care leadership, quality, regulatory, patient experience, and education
- Joint Commission Reviewer for the Orthopedic Disease Specific Certification Program
Ms. Deanna Johnson brings demonstrated expertise in health care leadership, quality improvement and patient safety to her role as a consultant with Joint Commission Resources. Prior to joining Joint Commission Resources, she was a Joint Commission Disease Specific Care Reviewer for Orthopedic Programs.
Ms. Johnson has served in roles overseeing quality, risk management, compliance, accreditation, infection prevention, and professional development. She has prepared organizations for full accreditation survey and for Disease Specific Certification in the areas of hip, knee, spine, shoulder and stroke. She has been responsible for leading many patient safety and customer service projects.
Ms. Johnson is a Certified Yellow Belt. With this designation, she supports The Joint Commission’s activities associated with establishing and sustaining a Robust Process Improvement® (RPI®) culture. As a Certified Yellow Belt, she is trained in the foundational concepts and tools of problem solving and makes improvements to better meet customer expectations and organization objectives. Ms. Johnson enjoys coaching and inspiring organizations in the provision of high-quality patient care.
- Assistant Chief Nursing Officer; Acute Care Hospital
- Director of Quality, Risk Management, Accreditation & Patient Experience; Acute Care Hospital
- Director of Education; Acute Care and Orthopedic Specialty Hospitals
- Nurse Manager, Educator, Staff Nurse; NICU/General Care/Surgical Services/ Burn Center/Ambulatory Care/ Pain Management; Pediatric Acute Care Hospital
- Staff Nurse, Adult Medical Surgical Care, Special Care Nursery, Work Health & Safety; Acute Care Hospital
Professional Affiliations or Certifications
- Certified Joint Commission Professional (CJCP®)
- Nursing Executive – Board Certified (NE-BC)
- RPI Certified Yellow Belt, The Joint Commission
- Master of Science in Nursing, University of Phoenix, Phoenix, AZ
- Leadership Certificate, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH