- 30 years’ experience in healthcare leadership, quality, regulatory, and education
- Joint Commission Reviewer for the Orthopedic Disease Specific Certification Program
- 20 years’ experience in pediatric and neonatal care
Ms. Deanna Johnson brings demonstrated expertise in health care leadership, quality improvement and patient safety to her role as a consultant with Joint Commission Resources. Prior to joining Joint Commission Resources, she was a Joint Commission Disease Specific Care Reviewer for Orthopedic Programs.
Ms. Johnson has served in roles overseeing quality, risk management, compliance, accreditation, infection prevention, and professional development. She has prepared organizations for full accreditation survey and for Disease Specific Certification in the areas of hip, knee, spine, shoulder and stroke. She has been responsible for leading many patient safety and customer service projects.
Ms. Johnson is a Certified Yellow Belt. With this designation, she supports The Joint Commission’s activities associated with establishing and sustaining a Robust Process Improvement® (RPI®) culture. As a Certified Yellow Belt, she is trained in the foundational concepts and tools of problem solving and makes improvements to better meet customer expectations and organization objectives. Ms. Johnson enjoys coaching and inspiring organizations in the provision of high-quality patient care.
- Assistant Chief Nursing Officer / Director of Quality & Accreditation, Southeastern Ohio Regional Medical Center, an Affiliate of Ohio Health, Cambridge, OH, USA
- Director of Education, Crystal Clinic Orthopaedic Center, Akron, OH, USA
- Director of Performance Improvement, Accreditation, & Education, Mercy Medical Center, Canton, OH, USA
- Nurse Manager / Educator / Staff Nurse, Akron Children’s Hospital, Akron, OH, USA
- Staff Nurse, Akron General Medical Center, Akron, OH, USA
- Staff Nurse / Charge Nurse, Summa Health System, Akron, OH, USA
- RPI Certified Yellow Belt, The Joint Commission
Professional Affiliations or Certifications
- Certified Joint Commission Professional (CJCP®)
- Nursing Executive – Board Certified (NE-BC)
- Ohio Organization of Nurse Executives
- Northeast Ohio Professional Development Association
- Master of Science in Nursing, University of Phoenix, Phoenix, AZ, USA