Patricia D. Kirnon
- More than 30 years as an expert in the quality and care management
- Expert knowledge performing operations assessments, guiding teams toward improved performance and educating on compliance issues
Ms. Patricia Kirnon is an innovator and a highly respected expert in the quality and care management field for over 30 years performing operations assessments, guiding teams toward improved performance and educating on compliance issues. Prior to joining the Joint Commission Resources (JCR) as a Continuous Service Readiness® consultant, she was with California Hospital Engagement Network in the role of director, Quality Improvement/Network Facilitation as a clinical improvement advisor working with hospitals on reducing hospital-acquired conditions in the CMS Partnership for Patients initiative. Ms. Kirnon provided leadership in the areas of patient safety and quality clinical outcomes. She acted as an internal reference for patient safety initiatives and clinical quality improvement. Additionally, she was involved on national and international level in patient safety research. This research included collaborating with hospitals to implement best practices in the areas of hospital wide infection reduction, enhanced communication, reducing unplanned readmissions, VTE prevention, implementing a falls prevention program, preventing hospital acquired pressure ulcers and system wide medication safety.
Throughout her professional career, Ms. Kirnon served as a survey preparation consultant assisting hospital teams in improving compliance with The Joint Commission (TJC) and CMS surveys. She has been instrumental in organization wide efforts to create and sustain a culture of patient safety and quality care. She has a strong commitment to the development of programs that are meaningful to front-line staff in the daily delivery of patient care.
Ms. Kirnon is a Certified Yellow Belt. With this designation, she supports The Joint Commission’s activities associated with establishing and sustaining a Robust Process Improvement® (RPI®) culture. As a Certified Yellow Belt, she is trained in the foundational concepts and tools of problem solving and makes improvements to better meet customer expectations and organization objectives.
- Director, California Hospital Engagement Network
Professional Affiliations or Certifications
- Certified Joint Commission Professional (CJCP®)
- Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ)
- RPI Certified Yellow Belt, The Joint Commission
- Master of Science in Management, Lesley University, Cambridge, MA, USA
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Boston College, Chestnut Hill, MA, USA
- Legal Assistant Certification, University of San Diego, San Diego, CA, USA