- Former State CMS surveyor and supervisor for the California Department of Public Health Licensing and Certification Division
- Former Network Regulatory and Accreditation Consultant
Ms. Emily Mills has an extensive clinical and regulatory background. Ms. Mills has been a Registered Nurse for over 20 years with clinical experience in Pediatric and Neonatal Intensive Care. She has worked as a state and federal surveyor, a legal consultant and paralegal, as well as a regulatory and accreditation consultant.
During her time with CDPH, Ms. Mills conducted surveys for hospitals, acute psychiatric hospitals, and long-term care facilities to determine compliance with state and federal regulations. She has lead survey teams during CMS accreditation validation surveys, complaint surveys, recertification surveys, and EMTALA surveys. As a supervisor at CDPH, Ms. Mills triaged and assigned surveys and complaints, reviewed survey reports, communicated noncompliance with COPs to the CMS regional office and recommended actions. As a Regulatory and Accreditation Consultant for a network of hospitals and outpatient treatment centers, Ms. Mills conducted mock surveys, tracers, and consulted with hospital leadership to clarify the interpretation of state and federal regulations to ensure compliance.
- State CMS surveyor for acute care hospitals, acute psychiatric hospitals, and long-term care facilities. Lead surveyor for CMS validation surveys, compliant surveys, and EMTALA surveys.
- Regulatory and Accreditation Consultant for a network of five hospitals and over 100 outpatient treatment centers.
Professional Affiliations or Certifications
- Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ)
- National Association for Healthcare Quality
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Mennonite College of Nursing, Normal, IL, USA