Jeannell M. Mansur
PharmD, RPh, CJCP, FASHP, FSMSO
- Practice Leader for Medication Safety for Joint Commission Resources and Joint Commission International
- Provides direction to hospital leaders on medication safety design, medication system optimization and technology implementation to support patient safety and effectiveness
- Expertise in medication system themes
Dr. Jeannell Mansur is Principal Consultant for Medication Management and Safety for Joint Commission Resources and Joint Commission International. In this role, she provides direction to hospital leaders on medication safety design, medication system optimization and technology implementation to support patient safety and effectiveness. Her expertise in lean six sigma and change acceleration performance improvement methods and tools is of immense value to organizations that are seeking to implement effective and sustainable improvement to challenging issues. Also, in her role as Principal Consultant, Dr. Mansur provides expertise to the Joint Commission enterprise on medication system themes. Dr. Mansur has been recognized for her distinguished work by the designation of Fellow with the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists and the American Society for Medication Safety Officers. She is a voting member of the United States Pharmacopeial (USP) Convention.
Dr. Mansur completed training with the Institute for Healthcare Improvement in medication safety under the direction of Drs. Donald Berwick and Lucian Leape. The learning from these leaders and the experiences from this Institute resulted in the crafting of a systems-based approach to medication safety that has molded Dr. Mansur’s philosophies.
Dr. Mansur has extensive experience in all aspects of medication system design and implementation as well as hospital pharmacy which includes clinical, operational and management responsibilities. She was Director of Pharmaceutical Services for 12 years at the University of Chicago Medical Center before she became Executive Director for Pharmacy Informatics, where she was involved in the planning, building and implementation of the organization’s electronic medical record.
Dr. Mansur has consulted throughout the US and internationally in Europe, Asia, Africa, Central and South America, the Far East and the Middle East. Dr. Mansur has published and presented extensively in the areas of medication safety and pharmacy operations improvement. Among these publications is the chapter she authored on Medication Safety in “Pediatric Safety in the Emergency Department”, a textbook published jointly by Joint Commission Resources and the American Academy of Pediatrics, an article “Medication Systems and the Important Role of Pharmacists”, published in 2016 in Journal of Drugs and Aging, and the chapter she authored “Immediate-Use Compounding” in the recently published “Compounding Sterile Preparations, Fourth Edition”, published by the American Society of Health-system Pharmacists.
- Director of Pharmaceutical Services for 12 years at the University of Chicago Medical Center, Chicago, IL, USA
- Executive Director for Pharmacy Informatics, involved in the planning, building and implementation of the organization’s electronic medical record
Professional Affiliations or Certifications
- Certified Joint Commission Professional (CJCP®)
- Fellow of the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (FASHP)
- Fellow of the American Society for Medication Safety Officers (FSMSO)
- United States Pharmacopeial (USP) Convention, Voting Member
- Doctor of Pharmacy, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI, USA
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA