Brings diverse expertise in clinical quality improvement, clinical informatics, medical education, medical staff affairs and faculty affairs to his role as physician consultant.
Dr. Mauro Moscucci is the Chairman of Medicine at Sinai Hospital of Baltimore/Lifebridge Health. Prior to joining LifeBridge Health, Dr. Moscucci was Professor of Medicine at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, where he served as Acting Chairman of the Department of Medicine and Chief of the Cardiovascular Division, and Professor of Medicine at the University of Michigan, where he served as Director of Interventional Cardiology, Director of the Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory and Associate Chief of Cardiology.
Dr. Moscucci is the author or co-author of more than 300 published medical papers, abstracts and book chapters. He is also the editor of the latest (8th) edition of “Grossman and Baim’s: Cardiac Catheterization, Angiography and Intervention”, one of the classic textbooks in cardiology, and the editor of the textbook “Complications of Cardiovascular Procedures: Risk factors, Management and Bailout Techniques”. Since his initial training in Interventional Cardiology at the Beth Israel Hospital in Boston, Dr. Moscucci has focused his career on outcome assessment and quality improvement in cardiovascular disease and interventional cardiology. He is the founder of the Blood Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Cardiovascular Consortium (BMC2), a multicenter collaborative quality improvement program in interventional cardiology, which has become a benchmark in quality improvement.
- Associate Chief of Cardiology, University of Michigan
- Cardiology Service Chief, University of Miami Hospital, Miami, FL
- Cardiology Service Chief, Jackson Memorial Hospital, Miami, FL
- Chairman, Department of Medicine, Sinai Hospital/LifeBridge Health, Baltimore, MD
- Chairman, Department of Medicine (Interim), University of Miami, Miami, FL
- Director, Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory, University of Michigan
- Director of Interventional Cardiology, University of Michigan.
- Medical Director, Cardiovascular Institute, Sinai Hospital/LifeBridge Health, Baltimore, MD
- Medicine Service Chief, University of Miami Hospital, Miami, FL
- Medicine Service Chief, Jackson Memorial Hospital, Miami, FL
Professional Affiliations or Certifications
- Fellow of the American College of Cardiology
- Beta Gamma Sigma - International Business Honor Society
- Board Certified, Cardiovascular Disease, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Board Certified, Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Board Certified, Interventional Cardiology, American Board of Internal Medicine.
- Testamur, National Board of Echocardiography
- Fellow in Cardiology, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
- Fellow in Clinical Pharmacology, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
- Fellow in Interventional Cardiology, Beth Israel Hospital, Harvard University, Boston, MA, USA
- Fellow in Clinical Pharmacology, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY, USA
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D.), Summa Cum Laude, University of Rome, Rome, Italy
- Postdoctoral Specialization Course in Pharmacology- University of Rome, Rome, Italy
- Postgraduate Course in Clinical Pharmacology Drug Development and Drug Regulation, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY, USA
- Resident in Internal Medicine, Highland Hospital, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY, USA
- Master in Business Administration (M.B.A), High Distinction, University of Michigan Ross School of Business, Ann Arbor, MI, USA