Thomas E. McGue
- Chief Medical Officer Newport Hospital, Commanding Officer Naval Health Care Great Lakes, Deputy Commander Education and Training, Director of Clinical Services, and Department Head positions in addition to multiple clinical roles.
- Expertise in hospital and ambulatory care, healthcare system operations, Telehealth, performance improvement, and leadership development.
Dr. Thomas McGue brings experience in both the civilian and military health care systems where he functioned at both tactical and strategic levels. His expertise includes: executive and medical leadership, strategic planning, execution, budget & fiscal management, culture development, revenue growth and management, contract/physician negotiations, medical staff management, and medical legal issues.
- Newport Hospital, Vice President of Medical Affairs/Chief Medical Officer, Newport, RI, USA
- Command Leadership School, Executive Officer/Instructor, United States Navy, Newport, RI, USA
- Naval Health Clinic Great Lakes/Captain James Lovell Federal Health Care Center, Commanding Officer, North Chicago, IL, USA
- Naval Medical Education and Training Command, Deputy Commander, Bethesda, MD, USA
- Naval Health Care New England, Director of Clinical Services, Newport, RI, USA
- Groton Naval Hospital, Director of Clinical Services, Groton, CT, USA
- Amphibious Group 2, Amphibious Group 2 Surgeon, Little Creek, VA, USA
- Multiple sites as Family Medicine physician in Jacksonville FL, Newport RI, Tiverton RI, and Fall River MA, USA
Professional Affiliations or Certifications
- Fellow of the American Academy of Family Medicine (FAAFP)
- American College of Healthcare Executives
- Board of Governors Newport Hospital
- Board Certified Family Medicine 1982/1989/1996/2002/2009/2018
- Bachelors of Science, Michigan Technological University, Houghton MI, USA
- Doctor of Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Diploma in Strategy and Policy, Naval War College, Newport, RI, USA
- Certificate in Advanced Health Care Administration, Interagency Institute for Federal Health Care Executives, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Washington DC, USA
- Certificates in Chemical Warfare and Emergency Management and Nuclear, Radiologic, and High Yield Explosives, Uniformed Services University, Bethesda, MD, USA
- Certificates of Completion, Emergency Management Institute, FEMA, ICS 100, ICS 200, ICS 700, ICS 701, San Antonio TX, USA
- Graduate certificate Clinical Informatics, University of Illinois Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA