MSA, BSN, RN, CJCP
- Registered Nurse licensed in State of Vermont
- Expertise related to regulatory readiness, quality and systems improvement, patient satisfaction, and health care operations
- National and international experience in design, operational planning and construction of new hospitals
Ms. Tommie Murray has more than 20 years of experience in various leadership roles in clinical and administrative settings. These have included Vice President for Quality and Systems Improvement, Chief Nursing Officer, and Director of Operations.
Prior to joining the Joint Commission Resources (JCR) as a Continuous Service Readiness® Consultant, Ms. Murray was the Vice President of Quality for a health system in an academic network. This position included Regulatory Readiness, Performance Improvement, Patient Safety, Infection Prevention, Risk Management and Medical Staff Services. She was instrumental in creating and sustaining organizational cultures for both quality and patient safety which led to successful surveys during her career.
Ms. Murray was mentor and preceptor for multiple students in Nursing and in Health Care Leadership due to her passion of sharing knowledge, expertise, and experiences. She has led process changes and outcome improvement programs in each role served through the involvement of senior leadership, physicians, front-line nursing and ancillary staff. She has been responsible for hospital-wide emergency preparedness, and has been a keynote speaker describing how emergency preparedness successfully evacuated a psychiatric hospital during Hurricane Irene.
- Served in academic and community hospitals in a number of leadership roles including, Vice President for Quality and Systems Improvement, Chief Nursing Officer, and Director of Operations
- Provided consultation and education nationally and internationally for organizations developing Quality Management systems
Professional Affiliations or Certifications
- Certified Joint Commission Professional (CJCP®)
- Master of Science in Administration, St. Michael’s College, Colchester, VT, USA
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, University of New York, New York, NY, USA