Amanda L. Ryan
- More than 15 years of acute care experience dedicated to improving clinical quality in diverse practice settings and improving clinical operations through process efficiency, safety, quality, policy development, and regulatory compliance
Dr. Amanda Ryan began her career as a clinical pharmacist at Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center in West Islip, New York in 2001. Over the course of her career, she became involved in a number of interdisciplinary process improvement initiatives and worked in progressive quality roles at the hospital and eventually the Catholic Health Services of Long Island health system. Her last position was Assistant Vice President of Clinical Services at Catholic Health Services of Long Island, a post held from 2011-2015. Dr. Ryan led multiple system-level clinical quality initiatives including teams focused on infection prevention, antimicrobial stewardship and medication safety. She was actively involved and led a number of system-wide interdisciplinary teams responsible for the development, implementation and optimization of the electronic health record platform. Dr. Ryan was responsible for Joint Commission continuous survey readiness, conducting preparatory tracers for hospital, laboratory and long-term care surveys engaging all levels of staff as well as participating in several successful Joint Commission surveys for more than 10 years.
Prior to joining Joint Commission Resources, Dr. Ryan was the Assistant Vice President for Quality and Patient Safety at the Greater New York Hospital Association where she was responsible for several clinical quality collaboratives to support member facilities to improve the quality of care delivery.
Dr. Ryan is currently an intermittent Quality and Pharmacy consultant with Joint Commission Resources and the Accreditation Manager for Holy Cross Hospital in Fort Lauderdale, FL.
- Accreditation Manager, Holy Cross Hospital, Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA
- Assistant Vice President for Quality and Patient Safety, Greater New York Hospital Association, New York, NY, USA
- Assistant Vice President of Clinical Services, Catholic Health Services of Long Island, Rockville Centre, NY, USA
Professional Affiliations or Certifications
- American Society of Health-System Pharmacists
- Certified Joint Commission Professional (CJCP®)
- Doctor of Pharmacy, St John’s University, College of Pharmacy & Allied Health Professions, New York, NY, USA
- Specialty Pharmacy Residency in Infectious Diseases at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital and Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ, USA
- Bachelor of Pharmacy, St John’s University, College of Pharmacy & Allied Health Professions, New York, NY, USA