Pamelia S. Smith
- Over 40 years of experience in health care administration and clinical leadership
- Specialized experience in medical staff credentialing and regulatory compliance
Ms. Pamelia Smith is a Continuous Service Readiness® consultant with Joint Commission Resources. Ms. Smith has more than 40 years of experience in multiple fields of health care. Her clinical experience includes maternal-child-baby, cardiology, oncology, medical-surgical, and geriatrics. Ms. Smith has been instrumental in implementing statewide safe newborn abandonment, introducing legislation to standardize medication documentation, and participating in statewide health related initiatives through the State Healthcare Alliance. She has worked closely with state QIOs as guest speaker with focus on implementation of creative new strategies and resources for performance improvement.
Prior to joining Joint Commission Resources, Ms. Smith was Director of Quality/Performance Improvement for a large medical center with supervision of medical staff credentialing, regulatory accreditation-compliance and hospital-wide collaboration for national quality, patient safety and best practice initiatives. Ms. Smith was also a Quality Assurance Specialist for a large multi-system organization where she was instrumental in developing physician-specific and departmental-specific scorecards; established and presented leadership development training; and worked closely with legal services for litigation preparation and review.
- Director of Quality/Performance Improvement
- Quality Assurance Specialist
Professional Affiliations or Certifications
Certified Joint Commission Professional (CJCP®)
RPI® Certified Yellow Belt, The Joint Commission
- Master of Science in Nursing, University of South Alabama, Mobile, AL, USA
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Mississippi University for Women, Columbus, MS, USA
- Bachelor of Science in Education, Mississippi University for Women, Columbus, MS, USA