- Expertise in hospital, performance improvement and outcome measurement
- Research, grant administration and project management
Ms. Susan Senecal has experience in leading quality improvement and management teams in public health, managed care, and acute care settings. As Director of Statewide Quality, she supported hospitals in reducing preventable injuries through the CMS Partnership for Patients. Additionally, Ms. Senecal has collaborated with hospitals in national demonstration projects involving pharmacy safety, surgical safety, and safety culture.
Past President of the Northeast Association for Healthcare Quality, she has coauthored publications for increased communication and transparency in health care and was the lead writer of performance standards for health care organizations participating in the Empire State Advantage Program 2000.
- Director, Patient Safety and Quality Improvement, St Peters Health Partners, Albany, NY, USA
- Project Director, Health Research Inc./NYS Dept of Health, Albany, NY, USA
- Division Director, Quality Management, National Managed Care Organization, Latham, NY, USA
Professional Affiliations and Certifications
- Certified Joint Commission Professional (CJCP®)
- Just Culture Champion
- RPI® Certified Yellow Belt, The Joint Commission
- Master of Business Administration, Union College, Schenectady, NY, USA
- Bachelor of Science, St Lawrence University, Canton, NY, USA