Stephen D. Turner
- Twenty years of experience in health care facilities management
- Extensive involvement in construction project oversight
- Served as a Life Safety Surveyor at The Joint Commission for over 9 years
- Transitioned to a Life Safety and Environment of Care® Consultant at Joint Commission Resources
Mr. Stephen Turner has over three years of life safety and environment of care consulting with Joint Commission Resources. Mr. Turner offers consulting compliance expertise regarding Joint Commission accreditation requirements and the Life Safety Code. Consulting responsibilities include mock surveys, custom education, gap analysis as well as new construction pre-occupancy assessments. On site consulting and construction assessments include a total environmental review approach that incorporates not only compliance with the Life Safety Code, but closely scrutinizes requirements associated with the environment of care and infection control.
While working as a Life Safety Surveyor and consultant, Mr. Turner’s vast expertise were sought after in order to develop preceptor guidelines for life safety surveyors and consultants as well as update internal marketing information, allowing consultants and clients to easily differentiate Joint Commission Resources from competitors. Mr. Turner is also known for his numerous contributions to The Environment of Care Tracer Workbook as well as the Life Safety and Environment of Care Document List and Review Tool which is used by hundreds of organizations pursuing Joint Commission accreditation.
Before joining The Joint Commission and Joint Commission Resources, Mr. Turner managed health care operational support services as the director, responsible for facilities management, construction project oversight, safety and emergency management, security operations, and environmental services often at multiple sites.
- Director, Facilities Management
- Director, Safety & Emergency Management
Professional Affiliations or Certifications
- Certified Healthcare Safety Professional (CHSP)
- Construction Safety & Health, Occupational Safety & Health Administration
- National Fire Protection Association
- Post Graduate, Architecture and Building Construction, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX, USA
- Post Graduate, Architecture and Building Construction, San Antonio College, San Antonio, TX, USA
- Bachelor of Science, Texas State University, San Marcos, TX, USA