- More than 20 years of experience in various health care leadership roles
- Expert consultant knowledge in quality management, case management, and accreditation
Ms. Donna Watson is a Continuous Service Readiness® (CSR®) consultant with Joint Commission Resources. She has more than 20 years of experience in various leadership roles in clinical and administrative settings. Ms. Watson was a Chief Nursing Officer, with previous experience in quality and performance improvement, infection prevention, compliance, critical care services, skilled nursing, and emergency/trauma services
Ms. Watson has been privileged to be a mentor and preceptor for multiple BSN students, allowing her to share knowledge, expertise, and experiences. She led process changes and outcome improvement programs in each role served through the involvement of both front-line nursing and ancillary staff. She has been responsible for hospital-wide emergency preparedness, coordinated County Emergency Response Teams involving community hospitals, EMS, fire, police and sheriff departments in addition to serving as a member of the first governmental Stockpile committee for the East Texas region in response to 9-1-1.
Prior to joining the Joint Commission Resources as a Continuous Service Readiness consultant, she was the Assistant Vice President of Quality Services for a 500-bed acute care hospital. This position also included Regulatory Readiness, Patient Safety, Infection Prevention, Risk Management and Medical Staff Services. She has been instrumental in creating and sustaining organizational cultures for both quality and patient safety which led to successful surveys during her career. She is first and foremost a patient advocate since inception into the health care arena.
- Assistant Vice President of Quality Services
- Chief Nursing Officer
Professional Affiliations or Certifications
- American Nurses Association
- Certified Joint Commission Professional (CJCP®)
- Texas Nurses Association
- Master of Business Administration, American InterContinental University, Schaumburg, IL, USA
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, University of Texas, Tyler, TX, USA