- More than 30 years of health care leadership roles, specializing in quality, lean healthcare, case management, regulatory compliance, patient safety and nursing supervision
Ms. Kristi Washburn is a Continuous Service Readiness® Consultant with Joint Commission Resources. Prior to joining Joint Commission Resources, Ms. Washburn served as Director of Quality and Case Management in an acute care facility where she was involved in accreditation and certification for hospital, home care, long term care, and disease-specific care programs. She has spent most of her health care career in leadership roles and brings expertise in quality improvement, lean healthcare where she has led many improvement programs with successful and sustainable outcomes. Her infection control experience includes managing prevention of infections during construction of a multi-story patient pavilion.
Ms. Washburn brings expertise in patient safety and regulatory compliance to her role as a Continuous Service Readiness consultant. She has led numerous successful surveys during her career as well as proven regulatory compliance during CMS surveys.
Ms. Washburn is a Certified Yellow Belt. With this designation, she supports The Joint Commission’s activities associated with establishing and sustaining a Robust Process Improvement® (RPI®) culture. As a Certified Yellow Belt, she is trained in the foundational concepts and tools of problem solving and makes improvements to better meet customer expectations and organization objectives."
- Director of Quality
- Accreditation/Regulatory Compliance Coordinator
- Infection Control
- Discharge Planning, Case Management
- Utilization Review
- LEAN Healthcare Educator
Professional Affiliations or Certifications
- Certified Joint Commission Professional (CJCP®)
- Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ)
- National Association for Healthcare Quality
- Nursing Honor Society
- RPI Certified Yellow Belt, The Joint Commission
- Sigma Theta Tau International, Honor Society of Nursing
- Master of Science in Organizational Leadership, Lourdes University, Sylvania, OH, USA
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Lourdes University, Sylvania, OH, USA
- Diploma of Nursing, St. Vincent Medical Center School of Nursing, Toledo, OH, USA