Green Belt Certification Training Program
Learn to apply the systematic approach of Robust Process Improvement® (RPI®).
About our Program
Achieve your Green Belt certification through our training program for individuals and small teams. Featuring faculty with significant experience in applying the systematic approach of RPI, the Green Belt Certification Training Program incorporates a blended approach of Lean, Six Sigma, and change management specifically within health care settings.
The highly engaging three part training course is designed to align with your project progress at your organization, so that students are freshly applying their knowledge and enriching that knowledge with applicable skill.
- Features Green Belt training promoted and practiced by The Joint Commission®, the nation’s leading healthcare improvement organization.
- 3 dedicated hours of mentoring to help trainees as they encounter project obstacles, consider various approaches and apply the tools.
- Unique opportunity to enhance your process improvement and change management skill set while simultaneously receiving hands-on expert guidance on your organization’s priority project.
- Learn RPI techniques to position yourself as the expert in sustainable process improvement across your organization.
- Receive formal Green Belt certification upon delivering a report out of your project’s impact.
Learn from certified process improvement faculty with deep expertise applying Lean, Six Sigma and change management skills specifically within health care settings who can help you:
- Address complex and high impact patient safety and quality care issues (e.g., falls with injury, healthcare associated infections, medication errors, wrong-site surgery).
- Identify and validate root causes to your organization’s most pressing issues.
- Develop solutions to those issues that are tailored to your organization’s processes, norms and culture.
- Interpret data and outputs from statistical analysis software to make data-driven decisions.
- Ensure long-term sustainability of gains and improvements.
Students must attend all the following sessions:
- 1 hour kick-off meeting
- Week 1: 5 days (10:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. CT)
- Week 2: 5 days (10:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. CT)
- Week 3: 3 days (10:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. CT)
Cost:Early Bird Rate: $3,495
Regular Rate: $3,995
Teams of 3: $8,995 (This group must all work on the same project and will be mentored as a group).
- Mentoring calls to be scheduled by participants with their mentors as needed (3 hours per project).
- The training sessions and mentoring calls are led by process improvement experts to help trainees navigate barriers to project success
- Participants will have the ability to select the projects that are a priority to their organization
We are offering 2 programs in 2023:
- January – June
- August – January
As a team, our instructors and mentors bring the experience of the Joint Commission's innovative work with leading health care systems and hospitals to provide training and mentoring on high reliability concepts and the pursuit of zero harm, including Robust Process Improvement tools and methods. This experience comes from guiding health care providers exclusively in applying RPI principles to their own patient safety and quality processes, such as improving hand hygiene, improving emergency department turnaround times, or reducing medication errors, as well as operational processes, such as improving bed turnover times, reducing billing errors, or reducing staff turnover.
A team of certified process improvement experts with experience applying Lean, Six Sigma, and change management skills specifically within health care settings will be guiding and mentoring the participants in this program.
Full attendance at every session is a prerequisite for receiving full continuing education credits.