CMS/Medicare and Regulatory Services
We can help you prepare to achieve and maintain compliance with the CMS/Medicare Conditions of Participation (CoPs) before, during, and after a CMS survey.*
Rapid Response Services
If your organization received an Immediate Jeopardy and is facing a 23-day Termination Track or a Condition-Level and is facing a 90-day Termination Track, our experts can help your organization as you work to quickly get back on track with compliance. We understand the urgency in situations like this, so our team is equipped to rapidly respond and assist your team through its Medicare challenges. We can quickly provide our services onsite or remotely to help you:
- By supporting your development of the Plan of Correction
- Guide your team through the Plan of Correction submission process
- Review and analyze CMS form 2567: Statement of Deficiencies (SOD)
- Align your Plan of Correction with the level of quality and compliance required by CMS/Medicare guidelines
- By supporting your development of a plan of removal followed by a plan of correction when in Immediate Jeopardy to prepare for your resurvey
With the possibility of CMS or the Department of Health showing up at your door at any time, it is important your organization maintains compliance with CMS/Medicare requirements. By managing an ongoing compliance process, not only will you be more prepared when surveyors show up at your door, but you are also improving safety and care for your patients.
Bringing in an external, objective eye can help you identify risk and where improvement is needed. We will work with staff at all levels within your organization, including clinical, housekeeping, kitchen, maintenance, and aides, to:
- Conduct mock surveys to assess your readiness and pinpoint CMS Conditions of Participation (CoP) risk areas
- Provide you with a detailed summary that will include findings and areas of risk
- Assist you in optimizing future preparation efforts
- Facilitate sessions with your leadership on Medicare requirements and the survey process
Real Time Assistance
Once the CMS/Medicare survey team arrives, it’s all hands-on deck, and it’s likely you could benefit from an extra set of hands. Our experts can be stationed in your command center during the survey and provide suggestions for deficiency mitigation — real-time.
Our team can also provide support offsite when you need it the most. Through our offsite support services, you can choose to access our JCR CMS experts by phone, email or both and are billed in 30 minute increments of our standard hourly advisory rate. We will initiate an upfront agreement for the potential use of our services and you will be billed monthly, only if services are utilized.
The JCR Advantage
Our robust team allows us to quickly assign experts to an organization so you have the expertise you need when you need it most. Every expert on the JCR CMS team is a former surveyor for CMS or for State Survey Agencies on behalf of CMS. We’ve worked with Medicare/Medicaid participating organizations of all types and in all states all across the entire country including:
- Critical Access Hospitals
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Long Term Care
- Organ Transplant
- Psychiatric Hospitals
Request More Information
The experts at JCR are always available to help you identify and select those advisory services that will be most beneficial to you and assist with your organization's most challenging needs.
Meet Our Team
Our team of experts can help you achieve and maintain high performance in delivering quality, patient-focused care.
*The use of Joint Commission Resources (JCR) advisory services is not necessary to obtain a Joint Commission Accreditation award, nor does it influence the granting of such awards.