Health Care Equity
Providing safe, high quality equitable health care can be challenging for any organization – we have services to help.
How We Can Help
Joint Commission Standards
On January 1, 2023, new dedicated health care equity standards became effective and integrated into Joint Commission hospital, ambulatory and behavioral health care accreditation programs. These new standards are among the first of their kind and will help create a consistent national baseline related to the equitable delivery of health care.
The new standards include changes to leadership requirements, records requirements when collecting patient race and ethnicity information, and rights and responsibilities requirements prohibiting discrimination.
Our health care equity experts can help your organization to both meet these new standards and go beyond to raise the bar for care delivery. Discover the different approaches we can take to meet your needs.
Let our experts create a custom education program just for your organization. Program objectives include:
- Understand CMS and Joint Commission position on health care equity
- Understand how Joint Commission standards will be evaluated
- Provide insight into how to get started, identify status of current health care equity program, and determine next steps
- Discuss the importance of collecting data to determine the impact of implemented actions/tactics and identify and prioritize opportunities for improvement
- Establish goals, prioritize next steps, and create an improvement plan
- Consider how organizations should educate staff and leaders, monitor outcomes, and foster a culture that embraces health care equity
- Develop a process to ensure ongoing evaluation of the program and to keep key stakeholders informed
Request More Information
The experts at JCR are always available to help you identify and select those advisory services that will be most beneficial to you and assist with your organization's most challenging needs.
Meet Our Team
Our team of experts can help you achieve and maintain high performance in delivering quality, patient-focused care.
*The use of Joint Commission Resources consultative technical or advisory services is not necessary to obtain a Joint Commission Accreditation award, nor does it influence the granting of such awards.
- Accreditation Preparation
- CMS/Medicare and Regulatory Services
- Custom Education
- Emergency Management
- Environment of Care
- Health Care Equity
- Industry Services
- Infection Prevention and Control
- Medication Management and Safety
- Virtual Advisory Services FAQs