Infection Prevention and Control
Everyone in your organization has a role in infection prevention and control. Health care-associated infections (HAIs) are a major threat to patient safety, yet are often preventable.
Lower Your Risk for Costly Infections
The CDC estimates that about one in 25 patients treated in hospitals get an infection that was caused by the treatment they received. Ambulatory surgery center and nursing home patients are at an increased risk for HAIs as well.
HAIs can cost you hundreds of thousands in reduced reimbursement and in public relations damage to your brand. Your ability to prevent or minimize infections is not only critical to patient safety, but to your organization’s overall health.
Our team of Infection Preventionists, Nurses, Physicians, Engineers, Pharmacists, and Ambulatory Care Specialists can help your organization as you:
- Evaluate your current IPC processes and identify potential points of process vulnerabilities.
- Develop targeted solutions and action plans to mitigate risk points.
- Conduct education and training for both health care personnel and patients on challenging and emerging IPC areas.
- Create and implement policies and procedures based on evidence-based practices.
- Bridge the gap between infection prevention and Environment of Care®.
- Provide mentorship for new infection preventionists.
We can assist your organization with infection prevention and control in high-risk processes including, but not limited to:
- Disinfection and sterilization.
- Device and procedure-related infections.
- Occupational health and safety.
- Construction and renovation.
- Evidence-based care bundles.
- Emergency preparedness program to global communicable diseases and influx of infectious diseases
- Water management.
- Outbreak investigation.
We offer an education program that is customizable to your organization and tailored to your unique infection prevention needs and challenges. Our team of experts will come to your organization to train your entire staff — senior leaders, physicians, infection prevention specialists, clinical managers and frontline staff critical to infection prevention excellence — on the challenges of infection prevention and control.
View the custom education fact sheet for more information on this service.
*The use of Joint Commission Resources consultative technical or advisory services is not necessary to obtain a Joint Commission Accreditation award, nor does it influence the granting of such awards.
- Accreditation Preparation
- CMS/Medicare and Regulatory Services
- Custom Education
- Emergency Management
- Environment of Care
- Industry Services
- Infection Prevention and Control
- Medication Management and Safety
- Virtual Advisory Services FAQs