Candidates seeking Certified Joint Commission Professional (CJCP ®) certification must meet both the application eligibility requirements, along with application requirements as defined below. CJCP eligibility is subject to change.
Applicant Eligibility Requirements
Must have two years or more of professional accreditation experience with implementing and analyzing accreditation compliance with pre-survey, onsite survey, post-survey, and ongoing survey readiness related to one or more of the comprehensive manuals by The Joint Commission®, in these health care settings: hospital, critical access hospitals, ambulatory health care, behavioral health care and/or home health care.
Overall Synopsis of CJCP Competencies
Knowledge and skills to perform the role of a professional accreditation manager.
- Knowledge of: Ability to analyze compliance with Joint Commission’s accreditation standards and policies to ensure optimal compliance.
- Ability to: Manage and adapt to changing priorities; provide effective communication and presentations; resolve issues; and build working relationships as a leader in the organization.
- Knowledge about The Joint Commission accreditation process: Interact with key Joint Commission internal stakeholders related to data submission, utilization of resources, and other relevant accreditation forms and processes, for managing the organization’s accreditation program.
- Management of onsite survey process (including use of the Survey Activity Guide): Knowledge about individual, system tracers, key sessions, and other important survey processes.
- Manage the organization’s post-survey responses, including: Submission of evidence of standards compliance and clarification submission.
- Managing ongoing compliance with the accreditation program: Pre-survey documentation management and the tracer process.
- Knowledge about high reliability, patient safety, and culture of safety.
- Knowledge of all relevant/common chapters, standards, and elements of performance across the comprehensive accreditation manual by The Joint Commission.
- Meeting application due dates (dependent on scheduled exams dates and schedules)
- Applications must include:
- Completion of formal electronic application
- Submission of applicant’s current job description
- Submission of application fee ($375)