Laura Sutton, MPH, RN, CJCP
- Clinical Advisor specializing in the use of technology and Robust Process Improvement® (RPI®) methodology to customize training and implementation projects in partnership with eProducts clients. Provides continuous support and consultation during the project planning, training, implementation, adoption, and improvement cycle.
- Assists organizations to optimize the value of JCR eProducts in the journey to safety and high reliability.
- Provides clinical and accreditation expertise in creating content for JCR eProducts Tracers’ libraries.
Ms. Sutton has more than 20 years of experience in health care with a focus on quality improvement and patient safety. Her clinical experience includes neonatal intensive care, pediatric ambulatory care, and pediatric urgent care.
Ms. Sutton served as a Hospital Engagement Network (HEN) Consultant for the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, Partnership for Patients Initiative. She was instrumental in guiding hospitals to implement organization-wide efforts to reduce the occurrence of hospital-acquired conditions and readmissions, promote a culture of patient safety, and develop programs for engaging patients in their care.
Ms. Sutton worked with JCR on the High 5s Project, an international collaboration with the World Health Organization (WHO), the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), and seven countries, to test the feasibility and impact of implementing standardized operating protocols for surgical and medication safety in hospitals around the world.
- Consultant, Joint Commission Resources, Oak Brook, IL, USA
- Pediatric Program Manager, National Surgical Quality Improvement Program, American College of Surgeons, Chicago, IL, USA
- Fellow, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
Professional Affiliations or Certifications
- Certified Joint Commission Professional (CJCP®)
- RPI Certified Yellow Belt, The Joint Commission
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, USA
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, Saint Louis University, St. Louis, MO, USA