- Knowledgeable consultant with regulatory compliance and survey preparedness experience
Ms. Sarah Wilkinson is a Continuous Service Readiness® (CSR®) consultant with Joint Commission Resources with experience from both the clinical and quality improvement arenas. She has firsthand understanding of regulatory compliance, survey preparedness, and improvement processes, stemming from a diverse health care background. Ms. Wilkinson has experience in the acute hospital setting, both in quality and accreditation, and in clinical and leadership roles. She is a two-time national conference poster presenter, has served on Six Sigma teams, and has had an integral part in process improvement changes and education, including curriculum development and classroom teaching.
Ms. Wilkinson had served in regulatory and accreditation in a system hospital, served on several multidisciplinary councils and committees, including Infection Control, Environment of Care, Quality and Patient Safety, and policy development and approval. Her frontline nursing experience was mainly in acute oncology and she was nationally certified in biotherapy and chemotherapy.
Ms. Wilkinson is a Certified Yellow Belt. With this designation, she supports The Joint Commission’s activities associated with establishing and sustaining a Robust Process Improvement® (RPI®) culture. As a Certified Yellow Belt, she is trained in the foundational concepts and tools of problem solving and makes improvements to better meet customer expectations and organization objectives.
- Accreditation and Regulation
- Educator and Nurse Residency Program Manager
- Policy Approval Committee (Chair)
Professional Affiliations or Certifications
- Certified Joint Commission Professional (CJCP®)
- RPI Certified Yellow Belt, The Joint Commission
- Master of Business Administration, Health Administration, Benedictine University, Lisle, IL, USA
- Bachelor of Science, Nursing, Rockford University, Rockford, IL, USA
- Associate of Science, Rock Valley College, Rockford, IL, USA