- Registered Nurse, Pennsylvania
- Over 23 years of diverse nursing and leadership experience, including quality, safety, regulatory compliance, peer review and risk management
- Experience in for-profit and faith-based not-for-profit health care settings in acute hospitals, long term care and rehabilitation facilities
Ms. Penny Hoover served as Director of Patient Safety & Regulatory Excellence in hospitals where she was involved in accreditation and certification for hospital and disease-specific care programs. She has led numerous successful surveys over the course of her career. Ms. Hoover has completed Centers for Medicare and Medicare surveys, Pennsylvania Department of Health surveys, and The Joint Commission surveys for hospital as well as disease specific care programs. She reviewed all patient events to ensure appropriate follow up was conducted and seized opportunities for process improvements to help cultivate a non-punitive culture, while mitigating risks. She participated and facilitated root cause analysis, regulatory tracers, peer review, action plan implementation/completion; while capturing opportunities to improve quality of care delivered to patients by way of improving standardized processes.
Ms. Hoover exhibits advance knowledge and skills in patient safety practices, continuous process improvements, regulatory readiness, patient satisfaction, health care operations and risk management principles. She also has experience in policy and procedure development, quality, patient safety, education, employee health, workers compensation, disease management, enhanced primary care case management and compliance. Ms. Hoover holds a volunteer faculty position at The Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine, Williamsport, PA, USA and serves as a mentor for the medical students.
Ms. Hoover has a long history of collaborating with numerous facilities to help create a culture of safe quality care, including environment of care and life safety principles; by sharing of evidence based best practices and using change management tools. She has experience with High Reliable Organization surveys and consensus meetings. She has also developed and delivered multiple educational presentations in various settings to diverse groups.
- Director, Patient Safety & Regulatory Excellence
- Director, Medical/Surgical, Pediatric, Orthopedic and swing bed unit
- Clinical Quality Improvement Specialist
- Patient Safety Officer
- Assistant Administrator, Rehabilitation and Long-Term Care
- Risk Manager
- Provider Quality Improvement Specialist, PA, NY, MD, USA
Professional Affiliations or Certifications
- American Society Professionals for Patient Safety
- Certified Joint Commission Professional (CJCP®)
- Certified Professional in Patient Safety (CPPS)
- National Patient Safety Foundation
- Sigma Theta Tau International, Honor Society of Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Chamberlin College of Nursing, Addison, IL, USA
- Associate Degree in Nursing, Pennsylvania College of Technology, Williamsport, PA, USA
- Patient Safety Certificate, Johns Hopkins Medicine & Armstrong Institute for Patient Safety & Quality, Baltimore, MD, USA
- Nurse/Healthcare Paralegal Certificate, Pennsylvania College of Technology, Williamsport, PA, USA