MBA, BSBA, ASE
Environment of Care Consultant
- 25+ years progressive leadership as a Hospital Administrator responsible for all Facilities and Support Services Operations in large teaching universities and in private, non-profit medical centers, including hospitals, clinics, rehabs, surgi-centers, and mental health facilities.
- 25+ years expertise in Life Safety (LS), Emergency Management (EM), Environment of Care® (EC), capital planning and hospital operations.
- Organizational specific oversight of compliance with EC, LS and EM codes and standards; facility and safety operations; survey education, readiness analysis, remediation planning and correction to continuous survey readiness.
- Leadership and practical expertise in all aspects of Hospital Administration, Operations, Codes and Standards: Fiscal budgeting and management, Accreditation & Compliance with Codes and Standards, Capital Planning, Facilities and Plant Operations, Design and Construction, Project Management, Telecommunications, Audiovisual production & television Services, Operator Services, Lands and Grounds, Patient Dietary Services & Cafeteria Management, Environmental Services, Process Improvement, Workplace Safety, Environmental Health & Safety, Safety Officer, Emergency & Disaster Planning, Security Services, Material Services, Purchasing, Supply Chain Management, Labor union partnerships, Compliance, Quality, Clinical Engineering & Technology management & planning, Capital Acquisition & business processes planning. Active in accreditation leadership throughout my career
- Formerly a licensed respiratory care practitioner (LRCP) with a previous position within the California Society for Respiratory Care as district president.
- Support Services Administrator; Kaiser Foundation Hospitals & Clinics, San Rafael, and Santa Clara, CA, USA
- Administrative Director, Support Services; Stanford University Hospital & Clinics and Lucile Salter Packard Children’s Hospital at Stanford, Stanford, CA, USA
- Administrative Director; Office of Service Continuity and Disaster Planning, Stanford University Hospital & Clinics and Lucile Salter Packard Children’s Hospital at Stanford, Stanford, CA, USA
- Director Clinical Technology and Biomedical Engineering, Safety Officer; Stanford University Hospital & Clinics and Lucile Salter Packard Children’s Hospital at Stanford, Stanford, CA, USA
- Corporate Administrator, Clinical Engineering / Technology Management / Environment of Care, Facilities Management; Univ of CA San Francisco (UCSF) Stanford Health Care (a merger); San Francisco, CA, USA
- Director, Clinical Engineering; Stanford Health Services and Lucile Salter Packard Children’s Hospital at Stanford, Stanford, CA, USA
Professional Affiliations or Certifications
- American Society for Health Care Engineering
- Master’s in Business Administration (MBA), University of Phoenix, Phoenix, AZ, USA
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA) University of Phoenix, Phoenix, AZ, USA
- Associate of Science in Bio-medical Engineering/Electronics (ASE) Foothill College, Los Altos, CA, USA