Mary Redmond Wehrly
MSA, RN, CJCP
- Over 25 years of experience in quality management and performance improvement
Ms. Mary Wehrly brings a variety of experiences to Joint Commission Resources. She has vast experience in senior leadership for quality, patient safety, risk management and accreditation. Her many accomplishments include leading organizations through numerous Joint Commission, CMS, and licensing surveys, colleague engagement and safety initiatives, and leadership at the corporate level with the perinatal patient safety steering team.
Ms. Wehrly has worked in a variety of settings, including labor and delivery, maternal–fetal medicine, perinatal home health, nursing education, and research. For over 25 years, she has worked in quality/performance improvement and accreditation, and most recently was the director of clinical quality, safety and risk services, responsible for compliance with Joint Commission standards (hospital, behavioral health, and home care manuals) and CMS Conditions of Participation, patient relations grievance and complaint management, recipient rights, patient safety, and risk management for a 3-hospital system.
During her tenure at Joint Commission Resources she has assisted many organizations with disease specific certification gap analysis, review preparation, mock review tracers, and feedback on performance measure analysis and action planning in a variety of settings, including advanced hip and knee, advanced spine surgery, advanced stroke (all programs), advanced cardiac, perinatal care, and core certification programs.
- Clinical experience in obstetrics and gynecology, public health, quality, performance improvement, and more recently, system-wide accreditation and patient safety/risk
- Core measure abstraction and reporting, and quality net security administration
- Lead quality improvement teams, using multiple performance improvement processes and tools, including RCA, FMEA, LEAN, six sigma, and other performance improvement tools
- Participated in site visits as a nurse reviewer for the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists Voluntary Review of Quality of Care program
Professional Affiliations or Certifications
- Baldrige Examiner, Michigan Quality Council, 2012-2014
- Certified Joint Commission Professional (CJCP®)
- RPI® Certified Yellow Belt, The Joint Commission
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Mercy College of Detroit, Detroit, MI, USA
- Master of Science in Administration: Health Care Administration, Central Michigan University, Mt Pleasant, MI, USA