Continuous Readiness and Sustainability
Turn to Joint Commission Resources (JCR) to help as you work to create and sustain an environment fully supportive of your clinical excellence goals.
Environment of Care Sustainability Program
The Environment of Care® (EC) and Life Safety (LS) chapters contain more regulations than any other chapter in the Joint Commission accreditation manual. Also, the increasing complexity of and conflict among federal, state, and local regulations make it more difficult, expensive, and time-consuming to be in compliance.
That is why we are here to provide ongoing support to help your health system as you work to create and sustain your environment of care program. Through our sustainability program, you’ll have access to environment of care, life safety, and clinical experts who can make regular visits to your organization to help you as you manage continuous compliance and assist as you address issues as they arise.
Sustainability Program Delivery Model
- A comprehensive EC and LS assessment of all buildings within your organization to assess compliance with Joint Commission standards which results in a suggested action plan for your organization, with a detailed report listing the deficiencies, recommendations, and opportunities for improvement
- Ongoing support regarding suggestions for implementation strategies and methods to remediate deficiencies that were found
- Quarterly conference calls with the health system’s environment of care team and accreditation department, and JCR’s EC/LS and clinical experts to help bridge the gap between patient safety and an appropriate environment. This call will discuss deficiencies and trends within the health system and help you as you develop strategies to remove barriers and leverage best practices across the system
- A license to the Tracers with AMP® mobile app to track deficiencies and identify trends through customizable dashboards to help guide your next steps and to help you as you strive to maintain continuous compliance
When you establish a long-term relationship with our team, we will help your team to:
- Evaluate your organization’s Environment of Care and Life Safety program
- Conduct regular building assessments to help identify areas of non-compliance
- Develop and execute plans for improvement
- Identify best practice strategies and help eliminate barriers
- Standardize best practices throughout your entire health system
- Build and use dashboards through Tracers with AMP to identify risk and best practices across a health system
- Train your staff to become proficient in all areas of Environment of Care and Life Safety standards
- Stay current on all Joint Commission standards updates
*The use of Joint Commission Resources consultative technical or advisory services is not necessary to obtain a Joint Commission Accreditation award, nor does it influence the granting of such awards.