Mary Angela Cole
- Registered nurse for over 35 years
- Professional nursing experience in orthopedics, emergency care, cardiac catheterization, and infection prevention and control
Ms. Mary Cole’s experience acquired from numerous clinical settings provides the framework for her approach to utilizing standardization and evidenced based practices in the health care environment.
Ms. Cole has worked in infection prevention and control for greater than 25 years, most recently as the Director of Infection Prevention and Control at a large academic trauma center in Atlanta, Georgia. She has actively participated in numerous successful Joint Commission surveys.
Ms. Cole has experience in leadership, education, and performance improvement, which has led to significant decreases in infections. She has produced multiple publications and received awards related to infection prevention and control. Additionally, she is a Certified Yellow Belt. With this designation, she supports The Joint Commission’s activities associated with establishing and sustaining a Robust Process Improvement® (RPI®) culture. As a Certified Yellow Belt, Ms. Cole is trained in the foundational concepts and tools of problem solving and makes improvements to better meet customer expectations and organization objectives.
Ms. Cole has conducted hospital assessments and developed educational programs responsive to the needs of the community, geographic region, and country.
- Director of Infection Prevention and Control
- TB Control Coordinator, Infectious Disease Program
Professional Affiliations or Certifications
- Certified Joint Commission Professional (CJCP®)
- Association of Professionals in Infection Control
- Certified in Infection Prevention and Control (CIC)
- Georgia Infection Prevention Network
- RPI® Yellow Belt Certified, The Joint Commission
- VHA GA Leadership Council, Chairperson (2012)
- Master of Science in Nursing, Grand Canyon University, Phoenix, AZ, USA
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Excelsior College, Albany, NY, USA
- Nursing Diploma, Georgia Baptist School of Nursing, Atlanta, GA, USA